variable name completion

WingIDE - User mailing list
If I have two variables, say, fooBar and bazBar, and I start to change
one of the former to the latter by deleting 'foo' and starting to type
'baz', Wing suggests bazBar, which is right, but if I accept that, I get
'bazBarBar' - the suggestion is inserted before the rest of the variable
name.  Is there a way to get the completion to recognize whole word context?

Best,

coyot

*GLENN GLAZER | /S/**/enior Software Engineer /**
m:*562.305.2920 | *email:* [hidden email]
<mailto:[hidden email]> | *Second Life:* Coyot Linden
*LINDEN LAB* | Create Virtual Experiences

Re: variable name completion

WingIDE - User mailing list
Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer) via wingide-users wrote:
If I have two variables, say, fooBar and bazBar, and I start to change one of the former to the latter by deleting 'foo' and starting to type 'baz', Wing suggests bazBar, which is right, but if I accept that, I get 'bazBarBar' - the suggestion is inserted before the rest of the variable name.  Is there a way to get the completion to recognize whole word context?

The Editor > Auto-Completion > Completion Mode preference can be set to Replace Any Existing Symbol or Replace Only Matching Symbols.  The latter is an attempt to addressing this exact case, although I find it still eats more than I often want it to.