problem debugging Zope scripts

robert rottermann
Hello everybody,

I have a strange problem when I try to debug scripts under Zope/Plone.
(I am using WingDBG from the contribute branch)
When I try to have Wing stopping in a breakpoint within a Python Script
nothing happens.
When I stop somwhere in a product that is called from that script
and then try to access it trough the stack I get an error:
can not open
/home/zope/Product/skins/script
where the correct path would be
/home/zope/Products/Projects/Product/..
wing seems to strip Products/Projects/
from the path.

When I set a softlink so that the expected path is found everything
works fine.

Any idea what could be the reason ?

Robert

Re: problem debugging Zope scripts

robert rottermann
robert rottermann wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>
>I have a strange problem when I try to debug scripts under Zope/Plone.
>(I am using WingDBG from the contribute branch)
>When I try to have Wing stopping in a breakpoint within a Python Script
>nothing happens.
>When I stop somwhere in a product that is called from that script
>and then try to access it trough the stack I get an error:
>can not open
>/home/zope/Product/skins/script
>where the correct path would be
>/home/zope/Products/Projects/Product/..
>wing seems to strip Products/Projects/
>from the path.
>
>When I set a softlink so that the expected path is found everything
>works fine.
>
>Any idea what could be the reason ?
>
>Robert
>Wing IDE users list
>http://wingware.com/lists/wingide

some more info:
- the script I am trying to debug is a "controller script".
- I can load/acess the script now from the stack, but it does not stop
on any breackpoints.
wait!!
It does stop, but the line counter is of by  10. This is exactly  the
number of  header lines starting with  ##

robert