numpy/Google docstrings?

WingIDE - User mailing list
Hello everyone,

is there a possibility to enable/plans to implement support for numpy or Google docstrings [1, 2]?
At the moment it is a little bit horrible to write those docstrings in wingide. For example the tabulator does not seem to work in docstrings and I have to manually indent them with spaces. Text rewrapping also does not work.
Editing them easily would be cool, templates even better and correct rendering would be perfect ;)

Cheers
Nils

Re: numpy/Google docstrings?

WingIDE - User mailing list
Hello ,

I will be needing Numpy in a month or so, so this would interest me as well.

Best regards

NT

On 02.03.2016 07:43, Nils Becker via wingide-users wrote:
Hello everyone,

is there a possibility to enable/plans to implement support for numpy or Google docstrings [1, 2]?
At the moment it is a little bit horrible to write those docstrings in wingide. For example the tabulator does not seem to work in docstrings and I have to manually indent them with spaces. Text rewrapping also does not work.
Editing them easily would be cool, templates even better and correct rendering would be perfect ;)

Cheers
Nils

Nigel Trewartha
Sonnenweg 3
33397 Rietberg
Germany
Tel: 05244/3631 Fax: 05244/9063266 Mobil: 0171/9441401

Re: numpy/Google docstrings?

On 3/2/16 1:43 AM, Nils Becker via wingide-users wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> is there a possibility to enable/plans to implement support for numpy or
> Google docstrings [1, 2]?

We plan to add better support for various docstring formatting styles in
a future Wing release.

Cheers,

Re: numpy/Google docstrings?

We plan to add better support for various docstring formatting styles in a future Wing release.

Thanks, good to know!
I would cast my own vote on the wishlist in favour of that feature as I really need it in my daily work.

Cheers
Nils

PS: Another vote of mine would go to rudimentary static analysis. I feel that 50% of my programming errors are typos in variable names.