multiple projects

Is it possible to have multiple projects open at the same time? Every
time I open one, it closes the previous one.

Thanks in advance,

coyot

*GLENN GLAZER | /S/**/enior Software Engineer /**
m:*562.305.2920 | *email:* [hidden email]
<mailto:[hidden email]> | *Second Life:* Coyot Linden
*LINDEN LAB* | Create Virtual Experiences

Re: multiple projects

WingIDE - User mailing list
Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer) via wingide-users wrote:
> Is it possible to have multiple projects open at the same time? Every
> time I open one, it closes the previous one.

No, each instance of Wing only has one project open at a time.  However,
you can run multiple instances of Wing from the command line with the
--new option to create a new instance.

Please let me know if this does not help.

Re: multiple projects

WingIDE - User mailing list
On 11/29/17 12:27, Wingware Support wrote:

> Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer) via wingide-users wrote:
>> Is it possible to have multiple projects open at the same time? Every
>> time I open one, it closes the previous one.
>
> No, each instance of Wing only has one project open at a time.
> However, you can run multiple instances of Wing from the command line
> with the --new option to create a new instance.
>
> Please let me know if this does not help.
>
> Thanks,

I can live with that workaround, thanks.

The motivating use case is that I develop on a Mac and often have
multiple things in-flight at the same time, so each gets a workspace on
the desktop and a project in Wing and so it is helpful to be able to
shift between workspaces to switch tasks without closing the previous one.

Best,

On 29/11/2017 20:31, Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer) via wingide-users wrote:

> On 11/29/17 12:27, Wingware Support wrote:
>> Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer) via wingide-users wrote:
>>> Is it possible to have multiple projects open at the same time? Every
>>> time I open one, it closes the previous one.
>>
>> No, each instance of Wing only has one project open at a time.
>> However, you can run multiple instances of Wing from the command line
>> with the --new option to create a new instance.
>>
>> Please let me know if this does not help.
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> I can live with that workaround, thanks.
>
> The motivating use case is that I develop on a Mac and often have
> multiple things in-flight at the same time, so each gets a workspace on
> the desktop and a project in Wing and so it is helpful to be able to
> shift between workspaces to switch tasks without closing the previous one.
>
> Best,
>
> coyot
>
> *GLENN GLAZER | /S/**/enior Software Engineer /**
> m:*562.305.2920 | *email:* [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]> | *Second Life:* Coyot Linden
> *LINDEN LAB* | Create Virtual Experiences
> Wing IDE users list
> http://wingware.com/lists/wingide

Also if you open a new instance of WingIDE from the icon it will prompt
you that the project is already open and give you the choice between
read only or a different project, (certainly on Windows).
--
Steve (Gadget) Barnes
those of my employer.

---