mod_python debugging on Mac OS X

Neil Jensen
Greetings. I'm unable to get mod_python debugging working on Mac OS X.   I've followed the instructions on the How-To and updated the wingdbstub.py file to refer to the correct WINGHOME.

Symptoms:
-  when I load the test page via the browser, debugging is not initiated (no stack variables visible, don't stop at breakpoints, etc.)
- I've turned on 'Debug Internals Log File' and watched it while loading the webpage... nothing shows up
- I've also set kLogFile and watched it while loading the webpage... again, nothing shows up
- if I simply try 'wingdbstub.debugger.StartDebug() in my handler, I get:  AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'StartDebug'

Here is my configuration:
- Mac OSX 10.4.1
- Apache/2.0.53 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_python/3.1.3 Python/2.4.1
- WingIDE 2.0.3-1, Personal Edition
- mod_python is working fine for me
- WingIDE debugging is working fine for me
- WingIDE debugging set to listen on port 50005, I can telnet into it and verify that it is listening

Any ideas on where to go from here? Thanks in advance.

Neil

Re: mod_python debugging on Mac OS X

Wing IDE Support
I'd suggest setting kExitOnFailure in wingdbstub.py and then looking at
what exception is raised when wingdbstub is imported.  The problem is
probably that the debugger binaries are not found so they are not
loaded, which causes wingdbstub.debugger to be set to None.

John

Neil Jensen wrote:

> Greetings. I'm unable to get mod_python debugging working on Mac OS X.
>  I've followed the instructions on the How-To and updated the
> wingdbstub.py file to refer to the correct WINGHOME.
>
> Symptoms:
> -  when I load the test page via the browser, debugging is not initiated
> (no stack variables visible, don't stop at breakpoints, etc.)
> - I've turned on 'Debug Internals Log File' and watched it while loading
> the webpage... nothing shows up
> - I've also set kLogFile and watched it while loading the webpage...
> again, nothing shows up
> - if I simply try 'wingdbstub.debugger.StartDebug() in my handler, I
> get:  AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'StartDebug'
>
> Here is my configuration:
> - Mac OSX 10.4.1
> - Apache/2.0.53 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_python/3.1.3 Python/2.4.1
> - WingIDE 2.0.3-1, Personal Edition
> - mod_python is working fine for me
> - WingIDE debugging is working fine for me
> - WingIDE debugging set to listen on port 50005, I can telnet into it
> and verify that it is listening
>

> Any ideas on where to go from here? Thanks in advance.
>
> Neil

Re: mod_python debugging on Mac OS X

Neil Jensen
Thanks very much, that was helpful in debugging a path problem (silly
typo). All working now.

Neil