integrated version control

WingIDE - User mailing list
Do you guys all using wingide built in integrated version control?

It feels very outdated, my workflow changed recently.
Now when I do some change, I could end up working on max 4 difference branches, and needs to do merge and cherry-pick etc.
Am I the only one having issue with integrated version control?
Is there any good git/version_control plugin (free or pid) that can work with wingide?

-Rui

Re: integrated version control

WingIDE - User mailing list
Rui Li via wingide-users wrote:
> Do you guys all using wingide built in integrated version control?
>
> It feels very outdated, my workflow changed recently.
> Now when I do some change, I could end up working on max 4 difference
> branches, and needs to do merge and cherry-pick etc.
> Am I the only one having issue with integrated version control?
> Is there any good git/version_control plugin (free or pid) that can
> work with wingide?

I tend to have different directories for different branches and for some
reason have rarely run into problems merging so haven't run into this
limitation.  I've cherry picked at times with the diff/merge tool in
Wing, either using Compare to Repository and undoing some changes or
comparing two files (from the diff/merge toolbar icon).  There are
certainly better ways to do this but Wing's tool has been OK for my
needs and thus I'm not sure what to recommend.  I've used SourceTree
some, and that may be something to try.

We would like to improve Wing's support for merge, arbitrary
comparisons, switching branches, view history, etc, at some point.