how to turn off autocompletion in debug probe

how to turn off autocompletion in debug probe

WingIDE - User mailing list
The completion upon inserting parenthesis in the debug probe causes the
whole function signature, with associated defaults, to be put on the
current line.

Can I disable this behavior?

Also, how can I back-search the history in the debug probe? For example,
up-arrow restores the  previous line, but I need better history
searching and access keystrokes.

I have wing 6 professional.

Jose

Re: how to turn off autocompletion in debug probe

WingIDE - User mailing list
reckoner via wingide-users wrote:
> The completion upon inserting parenthesis in the debug probe causes
> the whole function signature, with associated defaults, to be put on
> the current line.
>
> Can I disable this behavior?

It's the Editor > Auto-Editing > Auto-Enter Invocation Args preference.
Note that you can just type over them since they are selected, or to
enter values for specific args you can use Tab to move through them and
Wing fixes up any unaltered defaults, etc, when you leave the invocation.

> Also, how can I back-search the history in the debug probe? For
> example, up-arrow restores the previous line, but I need better
> history searching and access keystrokes.
>
> I have wing 6 professional.

If you type a fragment first it'll only traverse matching lines when you
do up-arrow. Although it only matches the leading part of the line so
perhaps that's too simplistic... please let me know if so.

Re: how to turn off autocompletion in debug probe

WingIDE - User mailing list
I don't get this history behavior in the debug probe. All up-arrow does
for me is give me the previous line, not matter what is on the current
line when I hit up-arrow.

Also, how can I enter a multi-line block in the debug probe? It does not
automatically indent like IPython and throws syntax errors when I
manually create the block using spaces or tabs.

Is there some setting I am missing here?

Thanks!

On 5/1/17 5:27 PM, reckoner wrote:
> I don't get this history behavior in the debug probe. All up-arrow does
> for me is give me the previous line, not matter what is on the current
> line when I hit up-arrow.

I think you may want to check the Filter History by Entered Prefix item
on the Options menu for the Debug Probe.

> Also, how can I enter a multi-line block in the debug probe? It does not
> automatically indent like IPython and throws syntax errors when I
> manually create the block using spaces or tabs.

Wing acts like the Python interactive prompt and normally executes each
line immediately except when entering something that needs an indented
block such as

def foo():
   a = 1
   return a + 1

Is there a block that you're trying to enter that is causing problems?
It should auto-indent but it's not for some reason; we'll fix this in a
future release.