force probe

WingIDE - User mailing list
Hi, all.

For various reasons, my local env gets disconnected from the server I am
remote editing on.  I have found that if I edit remote hosts, make no
changes and press ok, then it probes and reconnects to the remote agent.

It Would Be Nice^tm if there was a menu/key option to directly force the
reprobe without the editing step.

Best,

coyot

*GLENN GLAZER | /S/**/enior Software Engineer /**
m:*562.305.2920 | *email:* [hidden email]
<mailto:[hidden email]> | *Second Life:* Coyot Linden
*LINDEN LAB* | Create Virtual Experiences

Re: force probe

WingIDE - User mailing list
Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer) via wingide-users wrote:
For various reasons, my local env gets disconnected from the server I am remote editing on.  I have found that if I edit remote hosts, make no changes and press ok, then it probes and reconnects to the remote agent.

It Would Be Nice^tm if there was a menu/key option to directly force the reprobe without the editing step.

You can just go into the Remote Hosts dialog and press the probe icon (the rightmost one) to do the same thing.  It should also do this on its own after the timeout configured with the Network > Hung Connection Timeout.  Version 6.0.10 further improved this, although it's quite complex to cleanly bridge network drops so there may still be issues and bug reports are always welcome.