Wrap lines option for Watch and Stack data tools

Wrap lines option for Watch and Stack data tools

Sheila King
The Debug Probe and Shell tools have an option to display "wrapped lines".

I wish/need that option also for the Watch tool and Stack data tool.

I'm working on a laptop with a smallish screen (14 in) and cannot always
read the complete info displayed when the values of a particular variable
are too long, especially for string types, and sometimes for dictionaries
where the stored values are strings.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/

Re: Wrap lines option for Watch and Stack data tools

Wing IDE Support
Sheila King wrote:
> The Debug Probe and Shell tools have an option to display "wrapped lines".
>
> I wish/need that option also for the Watch tool and Stack data tool.

Unfortunately, there is no wrapped lines option for the watch / stack
data tools.  The workaround is to print values in the debug probe.

This is something we will fix -- it's not as easy as it should be
because the tree widget doesn't support wrapped lines.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Re: Wrap lines option for Watch and Stack data tools

Sheila King
--On Sunday, July 17, 2005 9:43 PM -0400 Wingware Support
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sheila King wrote:
>> The Debug Probe and Shell tools have an option to display "wrapped
>> lines".
>>
>> I wish/need that option also for the Watch tool and Stack data tool.
>
> Unfortunately, there is no wrapped lines option for the watch / stack
> data tools.  The workaround is to print values in the debug probe.

Yes, that is what I finally figured out to do myself. A bit annoying and
time consuming, especially for remote debugging. But I am managing to use
it as a workaround.

BTW, I am not totally clear on the "feature list" comparison on your web
site for Pro vs. Personal versions...

Does the Debug Mode tool come in the personal version?

> This is something we will fix -- it's not as easy as it should be because
> the tree widget doesn't support wrapped lines.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion,

You're welcome. It would be nice to have that wrapped line support. :)

--
Sheila King
[hidden email]

Sheila King wrote:
> Yes, that is what I finally figured out to do myself. A bit annoying and
> time consuming, especially for remote debugging. But I am managing to use
> it as a workaround.
> Does the Debug Mode tool come in the personal version?

The interactive debug probe is not in Wing IDE Personal.  If you're
asking about a different feature, please let me know.