Wing6 Path

I've started transitioning to wing6.0, but I've got a problem in getting the the same Effective Python Path. I've still got 5.0, so I can switch back and forth between the two.

I have $PYTHONPATH set to a directory which contains an easy-install.pth file which contains lines with the directorys for the packages in my project.

In Wing5.1, they all show up when I use the Source/Show Python Environment... menu, and I have no problem importing from them.

In Wing6.0, they don't show up, and I get errors on the imports.

Any ideas?

Mike Birdsall

Re: Wing6 Path

WingIDE - User mailing list
This is a bug in 6.0.1 and we've released a patch for it.  Please use
Help -> Check for Updates to get the patch.

On 1/19/17 6:42 PM, Mike Birdsall via wingide-users wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've started transitioning to wing6.0, but I've got a problem in getting
> the the same Effective Python Path. I've still got 5.0, so I can switch
> back and forth between the two.
>
> I have $PYTHONPATH set to a directory which contains an easy-install.pth
> file which contains lines with the directorys for the packages in my
> project.
>
> In Wing5.1, they all show up when I use the Source/Show Python
> Environment... menu, and I have no problem importing from them.
>
> In Wing6.0, they don't show up, and I get errors on the imports.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Mike Birdsall

Re: Wing6 Path

WingIDE - User mailing list
Will do, thanks!

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 1:52 PM Wing IDE Support <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is a bug in 6.0.1 and we've released a patch for it.  Please use
Help -> Check for Updates to get the patch.

On 1/19/17 6:42 PM, Mike Birdsall via wingide-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've started transitioning to wing6.0, but I've got a problem in getting
> the the same Effective Python Path. I've still got 5.0, so I can switch
> back and forth between the two.
>
> I have $PYTHONPATH set to a directory which contains an easy-install.pth
> file which contains lines with the directorys for the packages in my
> project.
>
> In Wing5.1, they all show up when I use the Source/Show Python
> Environment... menu, and I have no problem importing from them.
>
> In Wing6.0, they don't show up, and I get errors on the imports.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Mike Birdsall

Re: Wing6 Path

I've added the update, and it seems to work just fine when I'm in Debug. But now when I run Testing (I'm using Nose) I don't seem to have the path whether I've set the path in the Project Properties or not. At least that's the way it seems to me. I can't figure a good way to check that when I run the tests outslde of Debug.

In any case, now that I've updated, when I run the tests I get an exception of the form:
ImportError: No module named screen.models
where screen.models is the first import needed from outside the current directory

However, when I use "Debug Test" it works just fine. Except, of course, that I don't get any update of the Results.

(It did work before the update, if I put the path into the Project Properties/Add to inherited environment. That doesn't seem to work any more after the update.)
Thanks,
Mike