Wing removing EOL at EOF

WingIDE - User mailing list
I seem to be having a small problem with Wing on Mac OSX removing the EOL character at the end of files.  This happens both with files newly created in Wing and with files that had the character before and edits were made way above EOF.

This is a continual problem for me because we have a commit hook which checks for this.  To get around it, I have to open the file in vi, add a CR and delete the last line.  I'd rather not have to do this for every file I work with.

Is there some setting or something to tell Wing not to do this?

Thanks,

coyot
GLENN GLAZER | Senior Software Engineer
m:
562.305.2920 | email:  [hidden email] | Second Life: Coyot Linden
LINDEN LAB | Create Virtual Experiences

Re: Wing removing EOL at EOF

WingIDE - User mailing list
Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer) via wingide-users wrote:

> I seem to be having a small problem with Wing on Mac OSX removing the
> EOL character at the end of files.  This happens both with files newly
> created in Wing and with files that had the character before and edits
> were made way above EOF.
>
> This is a continual problem for me because we have a commit hook which
> checks for this.  To get around it, I have to open the file in vi, add
> a CR and delete the last line.  I'd rather not have to do this for
> every file I work with.
>
> Is there some setting or something to tell Wing not to do this?

I'm surprised Wing would remove an EOL that is there.  There is the
Editor > Ensure File Ends with EOL when Saving preference which maybe
will solve it for you but if that is disabled it should not be removing
an EOL that is already there.

Please let me know if that pref does not help.

using Source Code Pro Light?

WingIDE - User mailing list

I'm using the Source Code Pro font
https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-code-pro

On Mac OS 10.11.5 with Wing IDE 5.1.12-1 (rev 28845)

And when I select Source Code Pro at size 14 it defaults to SemiBold style (at size 12 it defaults to Bold).  I'd like to be able to select Regular or Light as the style, but I can't seem to do this.

Does anybody know how to accomplish this or if I'm doing something wrong?

Dan

Re: using Source Code Pro Light?

WingIDE - User mailing list
Daniel McAnulty via wingide-users wrote:
> I'm using the Source Code Pro font
> https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-code-pro
>
> On Mac OS10.11.5  with Wing IDE 5.1.12-1 (rev 28845)
>
> And when I select Source Code Pro at size 14 it defaults to SemiBold style (at size 12 it defaults to Bold).  I'd like to be able to select Regular or Light as the style, but I can't seem to do this.
>
> Does anybody know how to accomplish this or if I'm doing something wrong?

The font dialog does default to SemiBold for some reason, which seems
like a bug to me.  But then just clicking over to Regular works for me.

Please let me know if this does not help.

Re: using Source Code Pro Light?

WingIDE - User mailing list

Hi Stephan, thanks for the response!

I can click onto Regular or Light, but when I hit apply nothing changes and when I close preferences and return to it, Semibold is still selected.  I disabled Bold and Semibold in Font Book which removed those as options but didn't change the appearance of the font, which leads me to believe it may be using Regular and just displaying a random selection.  (Likewise, when I increase or decrease the size, sometimes the style that is selected changes, but I'm not sure if the style that is being used really changes.

Do you see style changes when you change style and click apply?

> On Jul 6, 2016, at 5:11 AM, Wingware Support <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Daniel McAnulty via wingide-users wrote:
>> I'm using the Source Code Pro font
>> https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-code-pro
>>
>> On Mac OS10.11.5  with Wing IDE 5.1.12-1 (rev 28845)
>>
>> And when I select Source Code Pro at size 14 it defaults to SemiBold style (at size 12 it defaults to Bold).  I'd like to be able to select Regular or Light as the style, but I can't seem to do this.
>>
>> Does anybody know how to accomplish this or if I'm doing something wrong?
>
> The font dialog does default to SemiBold for some reason, which seems like a bug to me.  But then just clicking over to Regular works for me.
>
> Please let me know if this does not help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>
> Stephan Deibel
> Wingware | Python IDE
>
> The Intelligent Development Environment for Python Programmers
>
> wingware.com

Re: using Source Code Pro Light?

WingIDE - User mailing list
Daniel McAnulty via wingide-users wrote:
> I can click onto Regular or Light, but when I hit apply nothing changes and when I close preferences and return to it, Semibold is still selected.  I disabled Bold and Semibold in Font Book which removed those as options but didn't change the appearance of the font, which leads me to believe it may be using Regular and just displaying a random selection.  (Likewise, when I increase or decrease the size, sometimes the style that is selected changes, but I'm not sure if the style that is being used really changes.
>
> Do you see style changes when you change style and click apply?

Yes, it seems to work fine for me other than having to always switch
back to Regular in the dialog.  However, I'm on OS X 10.10.5 and don't
have 10.11 here at the moment so will have to check that later.

Note that I installed all the variants from TTF using Font Book and
didn't remove any.  Maybe removing the font and installing the TTF
packagings (or maybe one of the other packagings) will work better,
although I'm just guessing.

Re: using Source Code Pro Light?

WingIDE - User mailing list

Reinstalled the font family with a precompiled TTF, still no change.  Selecting font subtypes in other families doesn't seem to affect the editor text either.  When you select Bold or similar for a font, where is that selection stored?  In my preferences folder, no matter what subtype I select, the edit font line still reads:
edit.qt-display-font = u'Source Code Pro,14'

And similar for other font families.  Should I expect to see that selection saved in that line?

Just tried with WingIDE 6b as well, same result.  Let me know if you get a chance to test with 10.11.

Dan

Daniel McAnulty wrote:
> Reinstalled the font family with a precompiled TTF, still no change.  Selecting font subtypes in other families doesn't seem to affect the editor text either.  When you select Bold or similar for a font, where is that selection stored?  In my preferences folder, no matter what subtype I select, the edit font line still reads:
> edit.qt-display-font = u'Source Code Pro,14'
>
> And similar for other font families.  Should I expect to see that selection saved in that line?

For the editor, the font selection should only be font name and size
since bold/etc is applied selectively for syntax highlighting.  The fact
that the dialog allows selecting this is essentially a bug but I think
it was impossible to hide this in Qt.  It's something we should revisit.

If the preferences file is not changing when you change preferences, are
you pressing Apply or OK in the prefs dialog?  Also, is the preferences
file writable by the user running Wing?  If both are yes then it must be
some issue on OS X 10.11 and we'll try to look at this soon.