Wing pro python shell auto indentation settings present?

Wing pro python shell auto indentation settings present?

WingIDE - User mailing list

Do we have settings to follow the auto indentation when I hit enter to the next line in Python shell of Wing Pro? For now, I am using it manually by pressing tabs. It works when I am in the editor file.

Thanks,

Arup Rakshit

Wing Python IDE users list

Re: Wing pro python shell auto indentation settings present?

WingIDE - User mailing list
On 5/8/19 3:22 PM, Arup Rakshit via wingide-users wrote:

> Do we have settings to follow the auto indentation when I hit enter to the next line in Python shell of Wing Pro? For now, I am using it manually by pressing tabs. It works when I am in the editor file.

Auto indentation isn't supported in the Python Shell.  I'll see if we
can add an option to enable it.

Cheers,

Wing Python IDE users list

Re: Wing pro python shell auto indentation settings present?

WingIDE - User mailing list
I sometime use Jupyter notebook due to its color syntax and these auto indentation feature. But when I come back to normal CPython shell I feel like how good Jupiter shell is. :) If I have to do 3 level indentation, pressing <space> is like loosing energy. :) So it will be good to have in Wing too, I feel.

Thanks,

Arup Rakshit
[hidden email]

> On 09-May-2019, at 2:16 AM, Wingware Support <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 5/8/19 3:22 PM, Arup Rakshit via wingide-users wrote:
>> Do we have settings to follow the auto indentation when I hit enter to the next line in Python shell of Wing Pro? For now, I am using it manually by pressing tabs. It works when I am in the editor file.
>
> Auto indentation isn't supported in the Python Shell.  I'll see if we can add an option to enable it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

Wing Python IDE users list
http://wingware.com/lists/wingide