Wing editor very slow when using arrow keys

Wing editor very slow when using arrow keys

WingIDE - User mailing list
I notice that when moving around the editor with arrow keys, the editor is extremely slow. Holding down an arrow key, or rapidly hitting in succession, same result, slow delayed movement of the cursor. Is there some setting that will make the editor behave more responsively? I suspect there is some background analysis going on that slows things down. I have turned off the autocompletion and autocorrection but that didn't help. Thanks,

Matt

Re: Wing editor very slow when using arrow keys

WingIDE - User mailing list
On 4/26/16 5:01 PM, Matt Calder via wingide-users wrote:
> I notice that when moving around the editor with arrow keys, the editor
> is extremely slow. Holding down an arrow key, or rapidly hitting in
> succession, same result, slow delayed movement of the cursor. Is there
> some setting that will make the editor behave more responsively? I
> suspect there is some background analysis going on that slows things
> down. I have turned off the autocompletion and autocorrection but that
> didn't help. Thanks,

Something else to check is whether a version control tool such as git or
svn is enabled within Wing and updating the status is slowing things
down.  This can be disabled via the Auto-refresh check box in the
Project Status for the version control tool.

If this doesn't help, could you please submit a bug report from Wing's
Help menu and check the box to include the error-log?

Re: Wing editor very slow when using arrow keys

I see similar issues with the autocomplete so that's my hunch with respect to keystrokes.