Wing editor shows syntax error for unicode variable names

Wing editor shows syntax error for unicode variable names

Python 3 supports unicode in variable names, and I started using Greek letters (like Σ) for some of the variable names for readability.
It seems Wing does not support this though, as I have the lint warning me of syntax error whenever I have those unicode variable names.
I confirmed this with the current version of Wing (5.1.12-1 (rev 28848)) as well as 6.0.0-b1 (rev 28822).

Thank you,
Joon

Re: Wing editor shows syntax error for unicode variable names

WingIDE - User mailing list
On 7/30/16 2:04 PM, Joon Ro via wingide-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Python 3 supports unicode in variable names, and I started using Greek
> letters (like Σ) for some of the variable names for readability.
> It seems Wing does not support this though, as I have the lint warning
> me of syntax error whenever I have those unicode variable names.
> I confirmed this with the current version of Wing (5.1.12-1 (rev 28848))
> as well as 6.0.0-b1 (rev 28822).

This will be fixed in future Wing 6 releases.

Cheers,

Re: Wing editor shows syntax error for unicode variable names

WingIDE - User mailing list
Thanks a lot for your quick reply - Wing 6 looks very nice, by the way.

-Joon