Wing Python IDEs version 6.0.11 released

Wing Python IDEs version 6.0.11 released

We've just released Wing 6.0.11, which implements auto-save and restore for remote files, adds a Russian translation of the UI (thanks to Alexandr Dragukin), improves remote development error reporting and recovery after network breaks, correctly terminates SSH tunnels when switching projects or quitting, fixes severe network slowdown seen on High Sierra, auto-reactivates expired annual licenses without restarting Wing, and makes about 20 other improvements.  For details, see https://wingware.com/pub/wingide/6.0.11/CHANGELOG.txt

Download Now

  About Wing

Wing is a family of cross-platform Python IDEs with powerful integrated editing, debugging, unit testing, and project management features. Wing runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X, and can be used to develop any kind of Python code for web, desktop, embedded scripting, and other applications.

Wing 101 and Wing Personal omit some features and are free to download and use without a license. Wing Pro requires purchasing or upgrading a license, or obtaining a 30-day trial at startup.

Version 6 introduces many new features, including improved multi-selection, much easier remote development, debugging from the Python Shell, recursive debugging, PEP 484 and 526 type hinting, support for Python 3.6 and 3.7, Vagrant, Jupyter, and Django 1.10+, easier Raspberry Pi development, optimized debugger, OS X full screen mode, One Dark color palette, Russian localization (thanks to Alexandr Dragukin), expanded free product line, and much more. For details, see What's New in Wing Version 6.

Wing 6 works with Python versions 2.5 through 2.7 and 3.2 through 3.7, including also Anaconda, ActivePython, EPD, Stackless, and others derived from the CPython implementation.

For more product information, please visit wingware.com

  Upgrading

You can try Wing 6 without removing older versions. Wing 6 will read and convert your old preferences, settings, and projects. Projects should be saved to a new name since previous versions of Wing cannot read Wing 6 projects.

See also Migrating from Older Versions and Upgrading.

  Links

Release notice: https://wingware.com/news/2018-03-21
Downloads and Free Trial: https://wingware.com/downloads
Buy: https://wingware.com/store/purchase
Upgrade: https://wingware.com/store/upgrade

Questions?  Don't hesitate to email us at [hidden email].

Re: Wing Python IDEs version 6.0.11 released

WingIDE - User mailing list
Hello,

We've just released Wing 6.0.11, which implements auto-save and restore for remote files, adds a Russian translation of the UI (thanks to Alexandr Dragukin)

Russian translation is bad, looks like it was made by software transtator.

I translated Wing IDE to russian some years ago, but this work was not finished.

I can sent my translation to anyone, who is ready to continue translation.

--
Denis Kirienko

Denis Kirienko via wingide-users wrote:
Russian translation is bad, looks like it was made by software transtator.

I translated Wing IDE to russian some years ago, but this work was not finished.

I can sent my translation to anyone, who is ready to continue translation.

The translations are all publicly available on bitbucket so anyone can fork and create a pull request with improvements:

https://bitbucket.org/sdeibel/wingide6-po-ru - Russian (actually a fork of https://bitbucket.org/alexandr_dragunkin/wingide6-po-ru)
https://bitbucket.org/sdeibel/wingide6-po-de -- German
https://bitbucket.org/sdeibel/wingide6-po-fr -- French
https://bitbucket.org/sdeibel/wingide6-po-es -- Spanish (never completed enough to be used in the product)

Also, we're happy to help with any questions.

Re: Wing Python IDEs version 6.0.11 released

WingIDE - User mailing list
Hello,

In the attachment - source of my russian translation, made for version
3 or 4 of Wing IDE 101.

Anyone can use it, but I am not ready to work on translation.

--
Denis Kirienko

> Denis Kirienko via wingide-users wrote:
>
> Russian translation is bad, looks like it was made by software transtator.
>
> I translated Wing IDE to russian some years ago, but this work was not
> finished.
>
> I can sent my translation to anyone, who is ready to continue translation.
>

> The translations are all publicly available on bitbucket so anyone can fork
> and create a pull request with improvements:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/sdeibel/wingide6-po-ru - Russian (actually a fork of
> https://bitbucket.org/alexandr_dragunkin/wingide6-po-ru)
> https://bitbucket.org/sdeibel/wingide6-po-de -- German
> https://bitbucket.org/sdeibel/wingide6-po-fr -- French
> https://bitbucket.org/sdeibel/wingide6-po-es -- Spanish (never completed
> enough to be used in the product)
>
> Also, we're happy to help with any questions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>
> Stephan Deibel
> Wingware | Python IDE
>
> The Intelligent Development Environment for Python Programmers
>
> wingware.com

wing_ru_source_po.zip (206K) Download Attachment