Wing 7: "Debug into" broken in python shell: "Error executing command .internal.debug.step_into"

Wing 7: "Debug into" broken in python shell: "Error executing command .internal.debug.step_into"

WingIDE - User mailing list
With Wing 7.0.7, setting a breakpoint on a line in the python shell and
trying to debug into the line results in an error message pop-up: "Error
executing command .internal.debug.step_into".  This is the case for
everything I've tried, including, external libraries and project files.
In other words, I can't use the debugger from the python shell.  Is
anyone else running into this problem?

-Ian

Wing Python IDE users list

Re: Wing 7: "Debug into" broken in python shell: "Error executing command .internal.debug.step_into"

WingIDE - User mailing list
In case anyone asks, this seems to be the case with python 2, python 3,
and inside and outside of virtual environments (still broken with my
native OS python).

I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 (probably should have mentioned that earlier as
well...)

Wing Python IDE users list

Ian Harris via wingide-users wrote:
> With Wing 7.0.7, setting a breakpoint on a line in the python shell and
> trying to debug into the line results in an error message pop-up: "Error
> executing command .internal.debug.step_into".  This is the case for
> everything I've tried, including, external libraries and project files.
> In other words, I can't use the debugger from the python shell.  Is
> anyone else running into this problem?

This is fixed in 7.0.0.8 (the first release candidate of Wing 7), which
was just released on our site.  It's actually dated for tomorrow, but
you're welcome to use the time machine and download it now.  ;-)

http://wingware.com/wingide/early

Note that you'll need to download an installer again due to some changes
in the update manager in this release.

You can also work around it in 7.0.0.7 by setting the breakpoint in the
code you would step into, but the bug is there in other cases and ends
up being pretty annoying so I'd say it's better to upgrade.

Wing Python IDE | The Intelligent Development Environment for Python

Wing Python IDE users list

Re: Wing 7: "Debug into" broken in python shell: "Error executing command .internal.debug.step_into"

WingIDE - User mailing list
Sounds good, thanks a million!

http://wingware.com/lists/wingide