Wing 6 & Remote Development & Windows+Cygwin

Wing 6 & Remote Development & Windows+Cygwin

if I understand you correctly then you only suggest using Putty when
running on Windows, but at the end the settings default to "ssh" when
rejecting Putty. Now I indeed tend to have Cygwin's ssh/scp in my PATH.
While everything works great for ssh sub commands, e.g. in my test it
successfully created the directory for the remote agent, in the end it
anyway insists on "pscp" instead of "scp". Thus it would still be
required to have Putty in PATH. In other words, I can configure the
remote shell command but not the remote copy command.

By the way, thanks for all the great new features!

Regards

Re: Wing 6 & Remote Development & Windows+Cygwin

WingIDE - User mailing list
Else Popelse via wingide-users wrote:
> if I understand you correctly then you only suggest using Putty when
> running on Windows, but at the end the settings default to "ssh" when
> rejecting Putty. Now I indeed tend to have Cygwin's ssh/scp in my
> PATH. While everything works great for ssh sub commands, e.g. in my
> test it successfully created the directory for the remote agent, in
> the end it anyway insists on "pscp" instead of "scp". Thus it would
> still be required to have Putty in PATH. In other words, I can
> configure the remote shell command but not the remote copy command.

Wing currently assumes PuTTY on Windows.  The command line arguments for
PuTTY and ssh/scp are also different so it won't work to use cygwin's
ssh/scp.  I'll see if we can fix things to also support that.

Thanks for pointing this out!