Wing 6.0.2 & Cygwin's SSH

first off thank you a bunch for quickly also supporting Cygwin's SSH!!!
I just tried it and it still said that it can't find plink. I went to
the settings - checked was "search for plink and ssh in the PATH". I
always (globally) have "ssh" in my PATH, so there must still be a little
glitch with that option being set. So I simply switched over to defining
the executable myself with the value "ssh". Then everything worked
great.. remote shell, adding files to the project, debugging them.. once
again: awesome feature!!!

PS: I saw you document kinda "having" to use the ssh-agent for being
able to remote-debug via Cygwin's ssh. TBH I never tried it that way,
but it looks a bit overcomplicated to me. What I usually do is simply
putting all keys and setup into cygwin's ~/.ssh/ folder. Example
~/.ssh/config file content:
Host somehost
     User someuser
     IdentityFile ~/.ssh/someuser@somehost/id_rsa_no_pw

Regards

Re: Wing 6.0.2 & Cygwin's SSH

WingIDE - User mailing list
Else Popelse via wingide-users wrote:
> first off thank you a bunch for quickly also supporting Cygwin's SSH!!!
> I just tried it and it still said that it can't find plink. I went to
> the settings - checked was "search for plink and ssh in the PATH". I
> always (globally) have "ssh" in my PATH, so there must still be a
> little glitch with that option being set. So I simply switched over to
> defining the executable myself with the value "ssh". Then everything
> worked great.. remote shell, adding files to the project, debugging
> them.. once again: awesome feature!!!

Great, thanks for letting me know.  It prefers PuTTY at this point but
then should look for ssh if PuTTY's plink.exe is not found.  Does sound
like a bug...

> PS: I saw you document kinda "having" to use the ssh-agent for being
> able to remote-debug via Cygwin's ssh. TBH I never tried it that way,
> but it looks a bit overcomplicated to me. What I usually do is simply
> putting all keys and setup into cygwin's ~/.ssh/ folder. Example
> ~/.ssh/config file content:
> Host somehost
>     User someuser
>     IdentityFile ~/.ssh/someuser@somehost/id_rsa_no_pw

I'll add this to the docs.  I was trying to not encourage use of
unencrypted private SSH keys but you're right this is a way to do it.
If the identity file w/o password is the default then the IdentityFile
part in .ssh/config is not even needed... but that is even worse
practice and your approach seems reasonable in that it only "endangers"
the one host. ;-)