[Wing 5] Scrolling in editor windows is not smooth

[Wing 5] Scrolling in editor windows is not smooth

Luc J. Bourhis
It is not as smooth as other editors/IDE I use, mostly Xcode and Sublime Text. Has anybody noticed that too? I am using the latest release.

Re: [Wing 5] Scrolling in editor windows is not smooth

Luc J. Bourhis
Luc J. Bourhis wrote
It is not as smooth as other editors/IDE I use, mostly Xcode and Sublime Text. Has anybody noticed that too? I am using the latest release.
I realise I forgot to mention that I am using Apple so-called Magic Mouse, the one with a touch surface instead of a scroll wheel. And I am using MacOS 10.9.

Re: [Wing 5] Scrolling in editor windows is not smooth

WingIDE - User mailing list
On 8/17/14, 7:08 AM, Luc J. Bourhis via wingide-users wrote:
> Luc J. Bourhis wrote
>> It is not as smooth as other editors/IDE I use, mostly Xcode and Sublime
>> Text. Has anybody noticed that too? I am using the latest release.
>
> I realise I forgot to mention that I am using Apple so-called Magic Mouse,
> the one with a touch surface instead of a scroll wheel. And I am using MacOS
> 10.9.

Wing is scrolling by whole lines so the top of a line is always at the
top of the window.  It would be a fair amount of work to add the ability
to scroll by a fraction of a line so that scrolling would appear to be
smoother.  Adding fractional line scrolling is not part of our near or
medium term plans.

Cheers,

Re: [Wing 5] Scrolling in editor windows is not smooth

Luc J. Bourhis
WingIDE - User mailing list wrote
Adding fractional line scrolling is not part of our near or medium term plans.
Fair enough.

I did some more comparisons between the scrolling in Wing and in Xcode using my Magic Mouse and I think that part of the problem is that the scrolling is slower in the former. By that I mean that the same flick on the mouse surface in both programs moves the text farther in Xcode than in Wing.