Using Wing IDE with wxPython

Kerry Kilbride

   I'm evaluating Wing IDE (very impressed so far) and am attempting to
follow the instructions that demo the use of Wing with WxPython.

   First the current version demo for WxPython is stored in "\Program
Files\wxPython2.6 Docs and Demos\demo" not in  Lib\site-packages....

   Ok no problem.
   Set up the project and Debug / continue - the wx Demo comes up.

   I open ImageBrowser.py and set a break point in run Test() as directed.

   Then in the demo selected  More Dialogs / ImageBrowser - which comes up
fine but there is no stop at the break point.

   Why not?  What am I doing wrong?

   Kerry Kilbride

Re: Using Wing IDE with wxPython

Wing IDE Support
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Kerry Kilbride wrote:
>    I open ImageBrowser.py and set a break point in run Test() as directed.
>
>    Then in the demo selected  More Dialogs / ImageBrowser - which comes up
> fine but there is no stop at the break point.
>
>    Why not?  What am I doing wrong?

Unfortunately, the wxpython demo was changed recently so that it loads
code my a mechanism other than standard Python import and it does not
set the file names in the code objects correctly, so Wing's debugger
(actually, all debuggers) can't figure out where byte code in them
maps back to source lines.

Try changing line 804 of demo\Main.py to read:

             description = self.modules[modID][2]

The line was originally:

             description = self.modules[modID][3]

This may help ... let us know if not.