Update Problems

WingIDE - User mailing list
I'm trying to install the latest version of WingIDE on Suse Linux. I
pick the rpm version and use apper to install, but it aborts. When I
click on "details" in the message box, I get "aborted by user".

Since I didn't abort the installation, I'm at a total loss. Does anyone
know what is going on?

Dan Arico

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.

Re: Update Problems

WingIDE - User mailing list
Yes I have run into this at least twice now and both times I reported it
to wing support.  This is what I did (installed in a manual way)
zypper install wingide5-5.1.5-1.x86_64.rpm

If memory serves the script reports that the key is missing and asks if
it's still OK to install.  I said yes.
Johnf

On 09/10/2015 05:51 PM, Dan Arico via wingide-users wrote:
> I'm trying to install the latest version of WingIDE on Suse Linux. I
> pick the rpm version and use apper to install, but it aborts. When I
> click on "details" in the message box, I get "aborted by user".
>
> Since I didn't abort the installation, I'm at a total loss. Does anyone
> know what is going on?
>
> Dan Arico

Re: Update Problems

Dan Arico via wingide-users wrote:
> I'm trying to install the latest version of WingIDE on Suse Linux. I
> pick the rpm version and use apper to install, but it aborts. When I
> click on "details" in the message box, I get "aborted by user".
>
> Since I didn't abort the installation, I'm at a total loss. Does anyone
> know what is going on?

As Johnf suggested, running from the command line like "sudo zypper
install wingide5-5.1.7-1.x86_64.rpm" will show you and let you work
around or solve any errors.

The "missing key" issue is due to our company's code signing key not
being in Suse's database.  I haven't been able to find a way to get our
key added to that; I think it may not be possible.

I have also so far been unable to figure out how to  solve this,
although you may be able to import our public key from
http://wingware.com/pgpkey so a particular machine won't complain about
this in the future.  I don't know how that's done with zypper.  With rpm
it's the --import option.

If you figure out a solution please post it here.

Re: Update Problems

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 18:55:26 -0700
john via wingide-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes I have run into this at least twice now and both times I reported
> it to wing support.  This is what I did (installed in a manual way)
> zypper install wingide5-5.1.5-1.x86_64.rpm

Thanks. That worked.

Dan

On 09/11/2015 06:42 AM, Wingware Support via wingide-users wrote:

> Dan Arico via wingide-users wrote:
>> I'm trying to install the latest version of WingIDE on Suse Linux. I
>> pick the rpm version and use apper to install, but it aborts. When I
>> click on "details" in the message box, I get "aborted by user".
>>
>> Since I didn't abort the installation, I'm at a total loss. Does anyone
>> know what is going on?
>
> As Johnf suggested, running from the command line like "sudo zypper
> install wingide5-5.1.7-1.x86_64.rpm" will show you and let you work
> around or solve any errors.
>
> The "missing key" issue is due to our company's code signing key not
> being in Suse's database.  I haven't been able to find a way to get
> our key added to that; I think it may not be possible.
>
> I have also so far been unable to figure out how to  solve this,
> although you may be able to import our public key from
> http://wingware.com/pgpkey so a particular machine won't complain
> about this in the future.  I don't know how that's done with zypper.
> With rpm it's the --import option.
>
> If you figure out a solution please post it here.

Stephan,

Importing the public key using rpm --import as you suggested should work
as zypper will use the keys in the rpm keyring.

FWIW,

Jack