Unable to debug Multi-threaded QThread (PyQt5) app.

Unable to debug Multi-threaded QThread (PyQt5) app.

I looked through Edit > Preferences > Debug stuff already

and that has made no change in the behavior that it doesn't halt at any breakpoints in my user-defined QThreads.  It only debugs the main thread it seems.

HTH do you do multi-thread debugging once and for all please?

Thanks.
-EM

Re: Unable to debug Multi-threaded QThread (PyQt5) app.

WingIDE - User mailing list

On 19/06/2016 02:43, Enjoys Math via wingide-users wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I looked through Edit > Preferences > Debug stuff already
>
> and that has made no change in the behavior that it doesn't halt at any
> breakpoints in my user-defined QThreads.  It only debugs the main thread
> it seems.
>
> HTH do you do multi-thread debugging once and for all please?
>

> Thanks.
> -EM

> Wing IDE users list
> http://wingware.com/lists/wingide

EM

1. You need at least the Personal Edition of WingIDE - 101 does not
support multi-threaded debugging
2. Read section 12.12 of the help or online at
https://wingware.com/doc/debug/threading
3. If you are not hitting the breakpoints in your threads it is worth
making SURE that your threads are actually reaching that point in the
code by adding some code, temporarily, to prove you passed that point, a
print or write to a file are good candidates.

Hope that helps some.
--
Steve (Gadget) Barnes
those of my employer.

Re: Unable to debug Multi-threaded QThread (PyQt5) app.

Enjoys Math via wingide-users wrote:
> I looked through Edit > Preferences > Debug stuff already
>
> and that has made no change in the behavior that it doesn't halt at any
> breakpoints in my user-defined QThreads.  It only debugs the main thread
> it seems.
>
> HTH do you do multi-thread debugging once and for all please?

Trying putting 'assert 0' into the thread's task to see if Wing reports
that.  It may report the exception without showing source code if the
thread is being debugged but there is a problem with filenames (which
would be consistent with missing breakpoints as well).

What version of Qt do you have and what version of PyQt or PySide?
Debugging QThreads should work but we did have to add special support
specifically for QThreads so maybe something is broken by a change in Qt
or the Python bindings.