Syntax highlighting kid files

Doug Farrell

Hi all,

I’m using Wing version 3.1.8-1 and I’d like to get kid template files to be highlighted like HTML files. I’ve tried setting the File Types for HTML and XML Files to include “Wild Card on File Name - *.kid”, but that doesn’t seem to work. Is there something I’m missing or should to enable this?

Thanks!

Doug

Re: Syntax highlighting kid files

Wing IDE Support
Doug Farrell wrote:
> I’m using Wing version 3.1.8-1 and I’d like to get kid template files to
> be highlighted like HTML files. I’ve tried setting the File Types for
> HTML and XML Files to include “Wild Card on File Name - *.kid”, but that
> doesn’t seem to work. Is there something I’m missing or should to enable
> this?

I suspect you changed the File Sets preference, which is used for selecting
files in searches, the project view, and a few other things.

You can add 'kid' for 'HTML' mime type in the Files / File Types / Extra
File Types preference it should work (possibly after restart or close/open
file depending on your version of Wing; I can't off-hand remember if
3.1.8 correctly updates already-open files when you change this pref).

Please let me know if that doesn't help.

Advancing Software Development

www.wingware.com

Re: Syntax highlighting kid files

Curtis V Price
I asked this question before but don't know if the support for this is
changed.  I'd like syntax highlighting for a language not in the mime-type
list (ArcInfo AML). Is there any way to add this in my local
customizations?

Curtis
.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .
If I were using ArcInfo Workstation, I'd be done by now.

Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 14:23:35 -0400
From: Wingware Support <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [wingide-users] Syntax highlighting kid files
To: Doug Farrell <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email]

Doug Farrell wrote:
> I?m using Wing version 3.1.8-1 and I?d like to get kid template files to

> be highlighted like HTML files. I?ve tried setting the File Types for
> HTML and XML Files to include ?Wild Card on File Name - *.kid?, but that

> doesn?t seem to work. Is there something I?m missing or should to enable

> this?

I suspect you changed the File Sets preference, which is used for
selecting
files in searches, the project view, and a few other things.

You can add 'kid' for 'HTML' mime type in the Files / File Types / Extra
File Types preference it should work (possibly after restart or close/open
file depending on your version of Wing; I can't off-hand remember if
3.1.8 correctly updates already-open files when you change this pref).

Re: Re: Syntax highlighting kid files

Wing IDE Support
Curtis V Price wrote:
> I asked this question before but don't know if the support for this is
> changed.  I'd like syntax highlighting for a language not in the mime-type
> list (ArcInfo AML). Is there any way to add this in my local
> customizations?

There isn't an easy way to do this now.  As far as writing the lexer for
syntax highlighting, you could write one for Scintilla, which is the open
source editor that we base on and we could then incorporate that.

We hope to add some easier way to do this in the future.

Advancing Software Development

www.wingware.com

Re: Re: Syntax highlighting kid files

emilevangerwen

Is there a solution available for supporting other languages now? When searching I came across this 7 year old post.

I am looking for a basic syntax highlighter for a Prolog dialect, just to highlight comments, keywords, operators, and literal strings.

Thanks,

-Emile.

Wing IDE Support wrote
There isn't an easy way to do this now.  As far as writing the lexer for
syntax highlighting, you could write one for Scintilla, which is the open
source editor that we base on and we could then incorporate that.

We hope to add some easier way to do this in the future.

Advancing Software Development

Re: Syntax highlighting kid files

WingIDE - User mailing list
It looks like there is a lexer for Visual Prolog for scintilla that may
work well enough.  We'll include support for it in a future Wing release.

Unfortunately, there still isn't an easier way to add support for a
language that isn't syntax highlighted by Wing.

Cheers,

John