Source Browser Icon Sizes

WingIDE - User mailing list

A couple days ago finally discovered that some of the colored icons in the "Source Code Browser" actually contain characters that indicate whether they are classes, functions, etc.  Unfortunately, I am not able to see those characters without using Mac's Accessibility-> Zoom option.

I have changed my WingIDE "Display" and "Editor" font sizes to 20, but that does not affect menus.  It also does not affect the icon size in "Source Code Browser".

Do you have any suggestions on how I could configure WingIDE to improve font/icon sizes without using Mac's Accessibility-> Zoom option?  I would prefer to not use Zoom because it makes it more difficult to see the multiple WingIDE windows at a glance.

I am using " Wing IDE Professional " 5.1.12-1 (rev 28845) on Mac OS 10.11.6 (El Capitan).

Bev in TX

Re: Multiple Lined Toolbar?

WingIDE - User mailing list
Is it possible to use a multiple lined toolbar in WingIDE?  I tried
dragging part of it down a line, but that didn't seem to work.  I looked
in Preferences, but didn't see anything that would apply.

BevInTX via wingide-users wrote:
> Is it possible to use a multiple lined toolbar in WingIDE?  I tried
> dragging part of it down a line, but that didn't seem to work.  I
> looked in Preferences, but didn't see anything that would apply.
>
> I am using " Wing IDE Professional " 5.1.12-1 (rev 28845) on Mac OS
> 10.11.6 (El Capitan).

You can customize what's in the toolbar, icon size, etc, by
right-clicking on it but there's no option to make it multi-line.

Sorry...

Re: Source Browser Icon Sizes

BevInTX via wingide-users wrote:

> A couple days ago finally discovered that some of the colored icons in
> the "Source Code Browser" actually contain characters that indicate
> whether they are classes, functions, etc.  Unfortunately, I am not
> able to see those characters without using Mac's Accessibility-> Zoom
> option.
>
> I have changed my WingIDE "Display" and "Editor" font sizes to 20, but
> that does not affect menus.  It also does not affect the icon size in
> "Source Code Browser".
>
> Do you have any suggestions on how I could configure WingIDE to
> improve font/icon sizes without using Mac's Accessibility-> Zoom
> option?  I would prefer to not use Zoom because it makes it more
> difficult to see the multiple WingIDE windows at a glance.
>
> I am using " Wing IDE Professional " 5.1.12-1 (rev 28845) on Mac OS
> 10.11.6 (El Capitan).

The main menu bar on OS X won't be affected by the font size you set in
Wing.  You can change this in System Preferences instead.  However, I
see that Wing is not sizing up the popup for menus within Windows
correctly, which maybe is what you meant, and I saw some other issues
with UI sizing with very large fonts.  We'll try to fix those.

The issue with the icons is Wing tries to adjust them to the size of the
text line height, but many of those in the Source Browser, Project, and
auto-completer have a maximum size that is pretty small and Wing doesn't
scale them beyond that.  I', not sure if showing zoomed-up pixelated
images would be that useful, so probably the solution for that is for us
to replace those icons with vector versions, as we already have for the
toolbar and some other things.  If you do think pixelated larger icons
would help, please let me know since that's probably not as difficult to
do as reworking 100's of icons.

Thanks for pointing out these problems!