Setting breakpoint in thread

kimwaic888-wingide
I am working on a multi-threaded program.  I can't get
WingIDE to recognize breakpoints inside a thread.  It
lets me set the breakpoint but nothing happens at
run-time.  Is there any special setting I need?

Re: Setting breakpoint in thread

Wing IDE Support
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 [hidden email] wrote:
> I am working on a multi-threaded program.  I can't get
> WingIDE to recognize breakpoints inside a thread.  It
> lets me set the breakpoint but nothing happens at
> run-time.  Is there any special setting I need?

Unfortunately, the debugger doesn't currently support debugging more
than one thread at a time.  Only the first thread started will be
debugged.

It's possible to debug a single thread by importing wingdbstub instead
of initiating the debug process from the IDE.  Debugging is then on
the thread that first does the import, although the usefulness of this
depends on how you're using threads in your code.  Launching debug
code from outside the IDE is described here:

http://wingware.com/doc/debug/debugging-externally-launched-code

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python
Advancing Software Development