Request: code folding

WingIDE - User mailing list

Hi, it would useful if Wing allowed folding of the currently selected lines, or of the lines between two selected Wing bookmarks if that was hard to implement.

It would also be useful if the Wing IDE personality had accelerator keys for Collapse and Expand All menu options.

thanks for your great product

Re: Request: code folding

WingIDE - User mailing list
barrymossman--- via wingide-users wrote:
> Hi, it would useful if Wing allowed folding of the currently selected
> lines, or of the lines between two selected Wing bookmarks if that was
> hard to implement.

Folding arbitrary ranges isn't possible now but something we may try to
add in the future.  I looked at it in the past and think it's a bit
tricky to get right in the context of code edits, etc, but possibly not
any worse than structural folding was.  This isn't very high priority at
the moment, however.

> It would also be useful if the Wing IDE personality had accelerator
> keys for Collapse and Expand All menu options.

Alt-Home Alt-End should do that in all the personalities.  The folding
bindings are shown in the Source > Folding menu.

Re: Request: code folding

WingIDE - User mailing list
> Alt-Home Alt-End should do that in all the personalities.  The folding
> bindings are shown in the Source > Folding menu.
sorry, my mistake. I meant Collapse and Expand CURRENT completely

Barry Mossman wrote:
>>  Alt-Home Alt-End should do that in all the personalities.  The folding
>>  bindings are shown in the Source > Folding menu.
> sorry, my mistake. I meant Collapse and Expand CURRENT completely

For those you'll have to bind keys with the User Interface > Keyboard >
Custom Key Bindings preference to the commands fold-collapse-all-current
and fold-expand-all-current.