Remote server over ssh not port 22

WingIDE - User mailing list
I am trying to use the remote server functionality, but my remote server's ssh server is not using port 22. I don't see anyway in the configuration to make it use a port other than 22. Am I missing something?

Matt

Re: Remote server over ssh not port 22

WingIDE - User mailing list
Matt Calder via wingide-users wrote:
> I am trying to use the remote server functionality, but my remote
> server's ssh server is not using port 22. I don't see anyway in the
> configuration to make it use a port other than 22. Am I missing something?

If you're using openssh you can set it in ~/.ssh/config to a different
port similar to this:

host somehost.com
         port 9922

If you're using PuTTY, this is done in the PuTTY configuration by
creating a saved session for the hostname and setting the port number
for it.  Then plink.exe and pscp.exe and others will use that port
number similarly to how ssh/etc pick up the configuration from
~/.ssh/config.

The reason it works this way is Wing is invoking ssh or plink.exe / etc
rather than implementing its own ssh.  That's done so that it works with
whatever custom configuration (including port number, but also other
things) people have already set up for access to their remote system.

See also https://wingware.com/doc/proj/ssh-setup-details