Remote Project No Longer Working

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Remote Project No Longer Working

WingIDE - User mailing list
Prior to the holiday break, this project worked great, no problems.

I come back, start up Wing and I get the following (also happens with
trying to set up a new project).  Nothing significant has changed about
either the local host (MacOS High Sierra) or the remote host (Debian
Wheezy).

Connecting to host id slshare failed.Password-less remote login does not
appear to be working. Please see
https://wingware.com/doc/proj/remote-hosts to configure access via an
SSH user agent.Output received:OpenSSH_7.6p1, LibreSSL 2.6.2 debug1:
Reading configuration data /Users/gglazer/.ssh/config debug1:
/Users/gglazer/.ssh/config line 4: Applying options for * debug1:
/Users/gglazer/.ssh/config line 16: Applying options for *.lindenlab.com
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config debug1:
/etc/ssh/ssh_config line 48: Applying options for * debug1: Connecting
to coyot-indra.vax.lindenlab.com [10.17.22.25] port 22. debug1: fd 5
clearing O_NONBLOCK debug1: Connection established. debug1: identity
file /Users/gglazer/.ssh/id_rsa type 0 debug1: key_load_public: No such
file or directory debug1: identity file /Users/gglazer/.ssh/id_rsa-cert
type -1 debug1: key_load_public: No such file or directory debug1:
identity file /Users/gglazer/.ssh/id_dsa type -1 debug1:
key_load_public: No such file or directory debug1: identity file
/Users/gglazer/.ssh/id_dsa-cert type -1 debug1: key_load_public: No such
file or directory debug1: identity file /Users/gglazer/.ssh/id_ecdsa
type -1 debug1: key_load_public: No such file or directory debug1:
identity file /Users/gglazer/.ssh/id_ecdsa-cert type -1 debug1:
key_load_public: No such file or directory debug1: identity file
/Users/gglazer/.ssh/id_ed25519 type -1 debug1: key_load_public: No such
file or directory debug1: identity file
/Users/gglazer/.ssh/id_ed25519-cert type -1 debug1: Local version string
SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_7.6 debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software
version OpenSSH_6.0p1 Debian-4+deb7u6 debug1: match: OpenSSH_6.0p1
Debian-4+deb7u6 pat OpenSSH* compat 0x04000000 debug1: Authenticating to
coyot-indra.vax.lindenlab.com:22 as 'coyot' debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT
sent debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received debug1: kex: algorithm:
ecdh-sha2-nistp256 debug1: kex: host key algorithm: ssh-rsa debug1: kex:
server->client cipher: aes128-ctr MAC: [hidden email] compression:
none debug1: kex: client->server cipher: aes128-ctr MAC:
[hidden email] compression: none debug1: sending
SSH2_MSG_KEX_ECDH_INIT debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_ECDH_REPLY debug1:
Server host key: ssh-rsa
SHA256:Jiu7thMqQ1xmwqGQMN3BOACEuiPXmkcEec+angGuB60 debug1: Host
'coyot-indra.vax.lindenlab.com' is known and matches the RSA host key.
debug1: Found key in /Users/gglazer/.ssh/known_hosts:83 debug1: rekey
after 4294967296 blocks debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent debug1: expecting
SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received debug1: rekey after
4294967296 blocks SSH client exited errno=-1debug1:
SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT received debug1: Authentications that can
continue: publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password debug1: Next
authentication method: publickey debug1: Offering public key: RSA
SHA256:gsTiaLBzWqiSOM8KdFiKW5enlOAcLSAtRSQuLuln3OY
/Users/gglazer/.ssh/id_rsa debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-rsa
blen 279 debug1: read_passphrase: can't open /dev/tty: Device not
configured debug1: permanently_drop_suid: 503 ssh_askpass:
exec(/usr/X11R6/bin/ssh-askpass): No such file or directory debug1:
Trying private key: /Users/gglazer/.ssh/id_dsa debug1: Trying private
key: /Users/gglazer/.ssh/id_ecdsa debug1: Trying private key:
/Users/gglazer/.ssh/id_ed25519 debug1: Next authentication method:
password debug1: read_passphrase: can't open /dev/tty: Device not
configured debug1: permanently_drop_suid: 503 ssh_askpass:
exec(/usr/X11R6/bin/ssh-askpass): No such file or directory debug1:
Authentications that can continue:
publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password Permission denied,
please try again. debug1: read_passphrase: can't open /dev/tty: Device
not configured debug1: permanently_drop_suid: 503 ssh_askpass:
exec(/usr/X11R6/bin/ssh-askpass): No such file or directory debug1:
Authentications that can continue:
publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password Permission denied,
please try again. debug1: read_passphrase: can't open /dev/tty: Device
not configured debug1: permanently_drop_suid: 503 ssh_askpass:
exec(/usr/X11R6/bin/ssh-askpass): No such file or directory debug1:
Authentications that can continue:
publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password debug1: No more
authentication methods to try. [hidden email]:
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).

I have no idea why it is trying for askpass. ssh works just fine without
a password with an agent setup.

Best,

coyot

*GLENN GLAZER | /S/**/enior Software Engineer /**
m:*562.305.2920 | *email:* [hidden email]
<mailto:[hidden email]> | *Second Life:* Coyot Linden
*LINDEN LAB* | Create Virtual Experiences
_________________________________________________
Wing IDE users list
http://wingware.com/lists/wingide
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Remote Project No Longer Working

WingIDE - User mailing list
Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer) via wingide-users wrote:
> I have no idea why it is trying for askpass. ssh works just fine
> without a password with an agent setup.

Did the machine reboot?  If so, it may be your private key is in
ssh-agent and not Keychain Access.  On the Mac ssh-add does not add the
key also to Keychain Access unless you put the following to your
~/.ssh/config to tell ssh to communicate with Keychain Access:

Host *
     UseKeychain yes
     AddKeysToAgent yes

You may then need to do ssh-add again, or manually add the key to
Keychain Access.

Please let me know if this does not help.

Thanks,

--

Stephan Deibel
Wingware | Python IDE

The Intelligent Development Environment for Python Programmers

wingware.com

_________________________________________________
Wing IDE users list
http://wingware.com/lists/wingide
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Remote Project No Longer Working

WingIDE - User mailing list
On 1/3/18 06:52, Wingware Support wrote:
> Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer) via wingide-users wrote:
>> I have no idea why it is trying for askpass. ssh works just fine
>> without a password with an agent setup.
>
> Did the machine reboot?

Neither machine rebooted.  The uptime for the local host is 15 days, the
uptime for the remote host is 161 days.

> If so, it may be your private key is in ssh-agent and not Keychain
> Access.  On the Mac ssh-add does not add the key also to Keychain
> Access unless you put the following to your ~/.ssh/config to tell ssh
> to communicate with Keychain Access:
>
> Host *
>     UseKeychain yes
>     AddKeysToAgent yes

Both of these are already in my config.

>
> You may then need to do ssh-add again, or manually add the key to
> Keychain Access.
>
> Please let me know if this does not help.

I am not sure what you mean by manually adding the key to Keychain Access.

Best,

coyot

_________________________________________________
Wing IDE users list
http://wingware.com/lists/wingide
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Remote Project No Longer Working

WingIDE - User mailing list
Update:

It connects fine if I open a terminal, ssh-add and launch Wing from that
terminal.  I have to re-add my directories for some reason, but the
browse and connection work fine.

Best,

coyot


On 1/3/18 09:04, Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer) wrote:

> On 1/3/18 06:52, Wingware Support wrote:
>> Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer) via wingide-users wrote:
>>> I have no idea why it is trying for askpass. ssh works just fine
>>> without a password with an agent setup.
>>
>> Did the machine reboot?
>
> Neither machine rebooted.  The uptime for the local host is 15 days,
> the uptime for the remote host is 161 days.
>
>> If so, it may be your private key is in ssh-agent and not Keychain
>> Access.  On the Mac ssh-add does not add the key also to Keychain
>> Access unless you put the following to your ~/.ssh/config to tell ssh
>> to communicate with Keychain Access:
>>
>> Host *
>>     UseKeychain yes
>>     AddKeysToAgent yes
>
> Both of these are already in my config.
>
>>
>> You may then need to do ssh-add again, or manually add the key to
>> Keychain Access.
>>
>> Please let me know if this does not help.
>
> I am not sure what you mean by manually adding the key to Keychain
> Access.
>
> Best,
>
> coyot
>

_________________________________________________
Wing IDE users list
http://wingware.com/lists/wingide
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Remote Project No Longer Working

WingIDE - User mailing list
Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer) via wingide-users wrote:
> It connects fine if I open a terminal, ssh-add and launch Wing from that
> terminal.  I have to re-add my directories for some reason, but the
> browse and connection work fine.

Does it also work after doing ssh-add if you start Wing from the Finder?
  If not, then it seems that the .ssh/config AddKeysToAgent isn't
working right.  I'm fairly sure that Wing when started from the Finder
is started with env that points ssh to Keychain.  In the case you
describe above, Wing is probably using a different ssh-agent that does
have your key loaded.  This is confusing on OS X and how ssh-add is
integration with Keychain has varied from version to version.

--

Stephan Deibel
Wingware | Python IDE

The Intelligent Development Environment for Python Programmers

wingware.com

_________________________________________________
Wing IDE users list
http://wingware.com/lists/wingide
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Remote Project No Longer Working

WingIDE - User mailing list
On 1/3/18 13:04, Wingware Support wrote:

> Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer) via wingide-users wrote:
>> It connects fine if I open a terminal, ssh-add and launch Wing from that
>> terminal.  I have to re-add my directories for some reason, but the
>> browse and connection work fine.
>
> Does it also work after doing ssh-add if you start Wing from the
> Finder?  If not, then it seems that the .ssh/config AddKeysToAgent
> isn't working right.  I'm fairly sure that Wing when started from the
> Finder is started with env that points ssh to Keychain.  In the case
> you describe above, Wing is probably using a different ssh-agent that
> does have your key loaded.  This is confusing on OS X and how ssh-add
> is integration with Keychain has varied from version to version.

1) Quit wing.
2) Start wing from dock
2a) Get documented failure, no connect.
3) Quit wing
4) Start wing from terminal
4a) connection works (still weird about directories, but for example, a
recent file loads)

I don't claim to be a keychain expert, any advice welcome.

Best,

coyot
_________________________________________________
Wing IDE users list
http://wingware.com/lists/wingide