Pythonpath and QtDesigner

WingIDE - User mailing list
Hello all,

I'm running WingIDE professional on a Window Server using a remote desktop environment at work.

On my linux box at home, I also run WindIDE Pro.

I'm developing some software using PyQt and like to use QtDesigner for the GUI design.

This has all been working great.

A home (Ubuntu 14.04) though I've successfully manage to get QtDesigner to recognise my QtDesigner plugins (written in python) such that they render in my GUI interfaces (done using .ui files).

See here for background
http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt4/designer.html#writing-qt-designer-plugins

I'd now like to get this going at work.

Obviously I need to set PYTHONPATH and PYQTDESIGNERPATH so that QtDesigner will scan the correct python directory for the plugins and then know where to find the Python Code to render the wigdets.

Given that I'm *not* the admin for the Window Server I was hoping to use the OS Command toolbox in WingIDE to pass the environment variable to QtDesigner on start up rather than amend the environment variables on the server myself.

I'm using the Anaconda distribution and PyQt4 and Python3.4

So the QtDesigner executable can be found here.

"C:\Anaconda3\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\designer.exe"

My project direction is here
c:\Users\chris.ohalloran\DigSilent_Projects

and my plugin widget are found here
c:\Users\chris.ohalloran\DigSilent_Projects\plugins\widgets

with the plugins here
c:\Users\chris.ohalloran\DigSilent_Projects\plugins\python

https://doc.qt.io/archives/qq/qq26-pyqtdesigner.html
  suggests you truncate the /python subdirectory as designer.exe will know to look in the python directory for plugins.

Is what I'm attempting in/with WingIDE feasible?

Is the way I've defined the Enviroment Variable in the correct syntax for a Windows environment?

Or is is likely QtDesigner has been compiled such that is doesn't recognise the python plugins? How can I know?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Pythonpath and QtDesigner

WingIDE - User mailing list
Chris O'Halloran via wingide-users wrote:
> Is what I'm attempting in/with WingIDE feasible?
>
> Is the way I've defined the Enviroment Variable in the correct syntax
> for a Windows environment?
>
> Or is is likely QtDesigner has been compiled such that is doesn't
> recognise the python plugins? How can I know?

I'm pretty sure it should work to set PYQTDESIGNERPATH like this, given
the docs, but I've not tried it myself.

However, you've got the syntax wrong.  You should just do NAME=VALUE on
each line, without the surrounding ""s that you had in your screenshot.

Does it work if you change that?