Project tool sort by type option

what sort order should I except if I set the "Sort by Type" option in the project tool?
Currently it looks random to me and is in a different order after each restart of Wing. I would expect something like packages, modules, classes, etc. pp. and each type sorted alphbetically.

I'm running Wing 5.1.10-1 (rev 28129) under GNOME.

Regards
    Adi

Re: Project tool sort by type option

WingIDE - User mailing list
Adi J. Sieker via wingide-users wrote:
> what sort order should I except if I set the "Sort by Type" option in
> the project tool?
> Currently it looks random to me and is in a different order after each
> restart of Wing. I would expect something like packages, modules,
> classes, etc. pp. and each type sorted alphbetically.

Try Wing 5.1.11, which was just released.  It probably fixes this.
Please let me know if not.

Re: Project tool sort by type option

Hi John,

Am 15.04.2016 um 21:50 schrieb Wing IDE Support:

> You may be asking about the source browser, though, and there the
> order should be classes, functions / methods, generic attributes,
> modules / packages and then alphabetically within type.  Versions
> before the just released 5.1.11 don't sort alphabetically within type,
> however.

You are right, I meant the source browser. I also just updated to 5.1.11
and I think I got it now.
Modules and packages are treated as the same type. Is that correct?
Cause for me it's not modules before packages but module and package
sorted alphabetically, as in this screenshot
https://oc.adi.io/index.php/s/x22oTwGNZCknTRP .

On 4/15/16 5:44 PM, Adi J. Sieker via wingide-users wrote:
> You are right, I meant the source browser. I also just updated to 5.1.11
> and I think I got it now.
> Modules and packages are treated as the same type. Is that correct?
> Cause for me it's not modules before packages but module and package
> sorted alphabetically, as in this screenshot
> https://oc.adi.io/index.php/s/x22oTwGNZCknTRP .

Yes, packages and modules are currently treated as the same type for
sorting purposes.

Cheers,