Multiple projects opened at the same time

Multiple projects opened at the same time

Luc J. Bourhis
That would be a nice feature to have. One window per project would be the best. I could only find a very old discussion on this subject. Is that unimportant to most of you, WingIDE users?

Re: Multiple projects opened at the same time

WingIDE - User mailing list
On 17/08/14 12:14, Luc J. Bourhis via wingide-users wrote:

> That would be a nice feature to have. One window per project would be the
> best. I could only find a very old discussion on this subject. Is that
> unimportant to most of you, WingIDE users?

> Wing IDE users list
> http://wingware.com/lists/wingide

If you open Wing IDE and open the first project, then start a new copy,
it will start with the same project in read only mode but then you can
switch to another.  The method opening for a second time depends on your
platform.

Gadget/Steve

Re: Multiple projects opened at the same time

Luc J. Bourhis
WingIDE - User mailing list wrote
The method opening for a second time depends on your platform.
The problem is that it is extremely unatural a thing to do on MacOS X, which is my daily platform of choice. It would be really nice if Wing could espouse the document paradigm that is standard on MacOS X.

Re: Multiple projects opened at the same time

Luc J. Bourhis
Luc J. Bourhis wrote
It would be really nice if Wing could espouse the document paradigm that is standard on MacOS X.
Or at the very least, the menus "Project > Open Project…" and "Project > Recent > xxx" could optionally open the new project in a new instance. There could be a preference setting with 3 choices: open new project in current instance, open new project in new instance, and ask the user what to do.