Launch configuration in python shell

WingIDE - User mailing list
When I debug a program, I can select a launch configuration via 'Debug
Environment...' (e.g. Python2 or Python3) and I get the selected Python
environment as expected.

If I'm trying to do the same with Python Shell (using it's own options
and 'Restart Shell'), I always get the environment from my project
settings and the 'Launch Configuration' will be ignored (observed with
Wing 6.0.2 pro).

What am I doing (or understanding) wrong?

Re: Launch configuration in python shell

WingIDE - User mailing list
Gregor Stucke via wingide-users wrote:

> When I debug a program, I can select a launch configuration via 'Debug
> Environment...' (e.g. Python2 or Python3) and I get the selected Python
> environment as expected.
>
> If I'm trying to do the same with Python Shell (using it's own options
> and 'Restart Shell'), I always get the environment from my project
> settings and the 'Launch Configuration' will be ignored (observed with
> Wing 6.0.2 pro).
>
> What am I doing (or understanding) wrong?

The Python Shell's Launch Configuration is set in its Options menu, in
the Launch Configuration sub-menu.  If that is set to Use Project
Properties then it should pick up the debug environment and use that.
My guess is that is set to something else.  It works for me here with
6.0.2, whether or not a main debug file is set.

Please let me know if this does not help.

On Mon, 2017-02-27 at 10:16 -0500, Wingware Support wrote:

> Gregor Stucke via wingide-users wrote:
> > When I debug a program, I can select a launch configuration via
> > 'Debug
> > Environment...' (e.g. Python2 or Python3) and I get the selected
> > Python
> > environment as expected.
> >
> > If I'm trying to do the same with Python Shell (using it's own
> > options
> > and 'Restart Shell'), I always get the environment from my project
> > settings and the 'Launch Configuration' will be ignored (observed
> > with
> > Wing 6.0.2 pro).
> >
> > What am I doing (or understanding) wrong?
>
> The Python Shell's Launch Configuration is set in its Options menu,
> in
> the Launch Configuration sub-menu.  If that is set to Use Project
> Properties then it should pick up the debug environment and use that.
>
> My guess is that is set to something else.  It works for me here with
> 6.0.2, whether or not a main debug file is set.
>
> Please let me know if this does not help.
>
> Thanks,

My Launch Configuration sub-menu shows a checkbox "Use Project
Properties", which is not checked. Then my two (shared) launch
configurations "Python2" and "Python3" (which both have the appropriate
custom executables). And at last an entry for "Manage Launch
Configurations...". If I select in "Project Properties..." the
"Python3" environment, I'll never get a Python2 interpreter in Python
Shell, even if "Python2" is checked. This is also independent from any
debug environment (I don't have a main debug file in my project).