Keep file open when opened by Goto Definition

Keep file open when opened by Goto Definition

WingIDE - User mailing list
Is there a setting so that any file opened by the right click menu "Goto Definition" stays open? Currently, the file closes the moment I leave the opened file. This seems unusually cruel since my typical use case is Goto Definition, then go back to see invocation, go back oops can't go back file is closed now, ... I can't be the only one,

Matt

Re: Keep file open when opened by Goto Definition

WingIDE - User mailing list
On 6/22/16 11:38 AM, Matt Calder via wingide-users wrote:
> Is there a setting so that any file opened by the right click menu "Goto
> Definition" stays open? Currently, the file closes the moment I leave
> the opened file. This seems unusually cruel since my typical use case is
> Goto Definition, then go back to see invocation, go back oops can't go
> back file is closed now, ... I can't be the only one,

The file displayed by goto definition is opened in a non-sticky editor
unless it's already open.  By default, only one non-sticky editor is
open at a time so when you display another file in a non-sticky editor
the previous one is closed.  This is done to minimize the number of
files left open when briefly opening files -- when looking at search
results or stepping through code.

The maximum number of non-sticky files open at a time can be changed on
the Editor -> Advanced page of the Preferences dialog.

Cheers,