Inline PEP8 and other error highlighting

Inline PEP8 and other error highlighting

WingIDE - User mailing list
Hello!

I’m a new Wing user, and I’m trying to get my environment set up to tell remind me about PEP8 (and other) errors as I type. I have installed the Pep8panel extension and the pylint tool but those are tabs on the side that appear to require me to manually update them (could be wrong about this, would love to know if I am!) instead of dynamically producing warnings as I type.

For example if a line is too long, underline it in grey, or if a class is named improperly without following conventions, highlight it in grey etc.

It would also be nice to have variables that haven’t been defined underlined in something as well, for example the one-line script:

print(junk)

should underline junk as not having been defined or being accessed before assignment. Is it possible to do this?

Thank you for your help and please accept my apologies if some of this is blatantly obvious and I’m just blind!

Nicolas

Re: Inline PEP8 and other error highlighting

WingIDE - User mailing list
On 4/22/16 3:52 PM, Nicolas Tilmans via wingide-users wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I’m a new Wing user, and I’m trying to get my environment set up to tell remind me about PEP8 (and other) errors as I type. I have installed the Pep8panel extension and the pylint tool but those are tabs on the side that appear to require me to manually update them (could be wrong about this, would love to know if I am!) instead of dynamically producing warnings as I type.

Currently, these checks are done through the panels that you mention and
they need to be updated manually.  We are aware of the need to add
inline checks and plan to add them in a future version.

Cheers,