How do you install packages using pip inside the IDE

How do you install packages using pip inside the IDE

Does this IDE give any command to install python packages using pip? Right now I go to the terminal bash shell to do this always.

Thanks,

Arup Rakshit

Wing Python IDE users list

Re: How do you install packages using pip inside the IDE

WingIDE - User mailing list
Arup Rakshit via wingide-users wrote:
> Does this IDE give any command to install python packages using pip? Right now I go to the terminal bash shell to do this always.

Not yet, so for now you need to use the command line for pip, conda,
pipenv, etc.  This is pretty much at the top of our list of new major
features to add.

Stephan Deibel
Wing Python IDE | The Intelligent Development Environment for Python

Wing Python IDE users list

Re: How do you install packages using pip inside the IDE

Hello,

pip is a python module, not only console application.

You can make short python program like this, and run it from IDE:

import pip
pip.main(["install", "numpy"])

--
Denis

Hi,

Wing Python IDE users list

Re: How do you install packages using pip inside the IDE

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt reply :)

Do you shared your future feature roadmap somewhere in your website, so that I can cross check before asking. But I feel some very useful features is still missing.

Thanks,

Arup Rakshit
[hidden email]

Wing Python IDE users list

Re: How do you install packages using pip inside the IDE

WingIDE - User mailing list
Arup Rakshit via wingide-users wrote:
> Do you shared your future feature roadmap somewhere in your website, so that I can cross check before asking. But I feel some very useful features is still missing.

No, it's not something we share but feel free to submit feature requests
any time, either from Wing's Help menu or email them to
[hidden email].  We do prioritize the things we hear most often
about (bugs or features).

http://wingware.com/lists/wingide