Getting started

Xanadu
Is there a quick start guide to the quick start guide?
I just want to do some programming but the ide seems very confusing. I have not programmed for over 20 years, when I was pretty fluent in Quickbasic 4.5, QB64, various other basics and C programming. I've read the quick start guide but it does'nt help me start writing code. I can't even find a window to write the code into. Am I missing something here or should I go back to QB64?

Thank you.

Re: Getting started

WingIDE - User mailing list
Xanadu via wingide-users wrote:
> Is there a quick start guide to the quick start guide?
> I just want to do some programming but the ide seems very confusing. I have
> not programmed for over 20 years, when I was pretty fluent in Quickbasic
> 4.5,  QB64, various other basics and C programming. I've read the quick start
> guide but it does'nt help me start writing code. I can't even find a window
> to write the code into. Am I missing something here or should I go back to
> QB64?

Try the Tutorial in Wing's Help menu.  That goes through everything in
more detail.  The Quick Start Guide is more for people already familiar
with similar IDEs who just want an overview of what is there.

Please let me know if this does not help.

Re: Getting started

Like Wingware Support said, "Try the Tutorial in Wing's Help menu."
The Wing IDE is a sophisticated development environment for Python.
Coding in Python can be a simple command line script or a complicated
Python GUI program.  If you have no experience with Python coding, then
get some Python programming books (buy or library).  Also, Google is
your friend.  For example, submit a question about the Python command
for printing text in a terminal window.  DuckDuckGo should work too.
Happy coding,
Rick