Feature request: support for "found sets"

Feature request: support for "found sets"

Russell E. Owen
The main reason I use use batch searches is to locate a set of files
that need to be updated for some reason. Unfortunately, the resulting
found set is very fragile and easily lost -- any attempt to search for
something (using cmd-F; I've never gotten into the other search method)
loses me the valuable result of that first find.

It'd be really nice if batch find results showed up in their own
separate window.

For that matter, it'd be really nice if the find/replace dialog could be
in its own separate window. Due to a known bug, putting find/repalce in
separate windows and other tools in the tool pane areas of the editor
window doesn't work -- cmd-F ignores the find/replace window and creates
a new one in the lower tool pane.

-- Russell

Re: Feature request: support for "found sets"

Wing IDE Support
On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Russell E. Owen wrote:
> The main reason I use use batch searches is to locate a set of files
> that need to be updated for some reason. Unfortunately, the resulting
> found set is very fragile and easily lost -- any attempt to search for
> something (using cmd-F; I've never gotten into the other search method)
> loses me the valuable result of that first find.

I've added this as a feature request.  A work-around I use is to
create multiple search managers as a way to "save" the found sets.

> It'd be really nice if batch find results showed up in their own
> separate window.
>
> For that matter, it'd be really nice if the find/replace dialog could be
> in its own separate window. Due to a known bug, putting find/repalce in
> separate windows and other tools in the tool pane areas of the editor
> window doesn't work -- cmd-F ignores the find/replace window and creates
> a new one in the lower tool pane.

Hmm, yes, this needs to be fixed.  I've increased the priority.

- Stephan