Extending PATH on Unix

Luc J. Bourhis
In Project Properties > Environment, using "Add to inherited environment", I'd like to add a few folders to PATH. But if I do, PATH=...., then it overwrites the value inherited by Wing, which is bad! Basically, I'd like to do

PATH=$PATH:/xxx/yyy

Is that possible? If not, that would be a nice feature to have.

Thanks for this great tool!

Luc J. Bourhis

Re: Extending PATH on Unix

WingIDE - User mailing list
Luc J. Bourhis via wingide-users wrote:
> In Project Properties>  Environment, using "Add to inherited environment",
> I'd like to add a few folders to PATH. But if I do, PATH=...., then it
> overwrites the value inherited by Wing, which is bad! Basically, I'd like to
> do
>
> PATH=$PATH:/xxx/yyy
>
> Is that possible? If not, that would be a nice feature to have.

Yes, you can do this in the Environment in Project Properties:

PATH=${PATH}:/xxx/yyy

There's some related worth-knowing-about info at
http://wingware.com/doc/proj/variable-expansion

Re: Extending PATH on Unix

Luc J. Bourhis
Very useful, thanks!