Editor is missing keystrokes

WingIDE - User mailing list
About two weeks ago the Wing editor started misbehaving. It is missing keystrokes. So I type "a-b-c-d" and I see: "ac-d". It makes Wing pretty unusable. I find that it seems to get progressively worse and restarting brings it back, but that may be just an impression. Has anyone else had this experience?

Matt

Version: 5.1.12-1 (rev 28848)

OS Version: Linux version 3.13.0-92-generic (buildd@lgw01-52) (gcc version 4.8.4 (Ubuntu 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.3) ) #139-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 28 20:42:26 UTC 2016

GUI Toolkit: Qt 4.8.6 (built Wed Jul 9 2014) / PySide 1.2.1+

Re: Editor is missing keystrokes

WingIDE - User mailing list
Could you submit a bug report from Wing's Help menu and include the
error-log?

On 7/26/16 8:44 AM, Matt Calder via wingide-users wrote:
> About two weeks ago the Wing editor started misbehaving. It is missing
> keystrokes. So I type "a-b-c-d" and I see: "ac-d". It makes Wing pretty
> unusable. I find that it seems to get progressively worse and restarting
> brings it back, but that may be just an impression. Has anyone else had
> this experience?
>
> Matt

Re: Editor is missing keystrokes

WingIDE - User mailing list
I submitted a bug report. Even in the bug report dialog characters are dropped / inserted.

I typed the abc's in lower case twice, what should be:

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

is plainly not, in the bug report. I did it twice so you can see the drop / insert is random.

Matt