Drag and Copy

Sheila King
>From 4.11 of the User's Manual for WingIDE:
"Select a range of text and drag it using the drag and drop feature
(pressing shift before dropping will move text rather than copy it) "

Is there any way to modify this "feature"? It is counter to any GUI text
editor I have used previously on Mac or Windows (and I've dabbled with GUI
on Linux, and certainly don't recall this behavior).

I'd prefer if drag without the shift key simply moved the text rather than
copied it.

Thanks...

--
Sheila King
[hidden email]

Re: Drag and Copy

Wing IDE Support
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Sheila King wrote:

> >From 4.11 of the User's Manual for WingIDE:
> "Select a range of text and drag it using the drag and drop feature
> (pressing shift before dropping will move text rather than copy it) "
>
> Is there any way to modify this "feature"? It is counter to any GUI text
> editor I have used previously on Mac or Windows (and I've dabbled with GUI
> on Linux, and certainly don't recall this behavior).
>
> I'd prefer if drag without the shift key simply moved the text rather than
> copied it.

There isn't a way to alter this right now, but it's on our list to be
fixed.  It's defined in the underlying GUI toolkit but we want to
change it to work in the more standard/expected way by default.

- Stephan