Breakpoint suggestion

Luc J. Bourhis
It would be nice if clicking on a breakpoint mark would disable it instead of removing it, and then clicking once more would remove it.

Luc J. Bourhis

Re: Breakpoint suggestion

WingIDE - User mailing list
Luc J. Bourhis via wingide-users wrote:
> It would be nice if clicking on a breakpoint mark would disable it instead of
> removing it, and then clicking once more would remove it.

Sounds like a good candidate for the next major release.

Re: Breakpoint suggestion

WingIDE - User mailing list

On 23 Feb 2015, at 17:19, Wingware Support <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Luc J. Bourhis via wingide-users wrote:
>> It would be nice if clicking on a breakpoint mark would disable it instead of
>> removing it, and then clicking once more would remove it.
>
> Sounds like a good candidate for the next major release.

Actually, thinking about it some more, I would like a click on a breakpoint mark to switch between enable and disable, relegating removing the breakpoint to the contextual menu. This is based on how often I tend to perform each of those tasks. You could then introduce a preference to let the user choose between the current behaviour and the proposed new behaviour.

Best wishes,

Luc J. Bourhis

Re: Breakpoint suggestion

WingIDE - User mailing list
On 23.02.2015 18:30, Luc Bourhis via wingide-users wrote:
> On 23 Feb 2015, at 17:19, Wingware Support <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Luc J. Bourhis via wingide-users wrote:
>>> It would be nice if clicking on a breakpoint mark would disable it instead of
>>> removing it, and then clicking once more would remove it.
>> Sounds like a good candidate for the next major release.
> Actually, thinking about it some more, I would like a click on a breakpoint mark to switch between enable and disable, relegating removing the breakpoint to the contextual menu. This is based on how often I tend to perform each of those tasks. You could then introduce a preference to let the user choose between the current behaviour and the proposed new behaviour.
i' suggest:
clicking flips the state
doubleclick removes it

robert

Re: Breakpoint suggestion

WingIDE - User mailing list

On 23 Feb 2015, at 10:49, robert via wingide-users wrote:

> On 23.02.2015 18:30, Luc Bourhis via wingide-users wrote:
>> On 23 Feb 2015, at 17:19, Wingware Support <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>>> Sounds like a good candidate for the next major release.
>> Actually, thinking about it some more, I would like a click on a
>> breakpoint mark to switch between enable and disable, relegating
>> removing the breakpoint to the contextual menu. This is based on how
>> often I tend to perform each of those tasks. You could then introduce
>> a preference to let the user choose between the current behaviour and
>> the proposed new behaviour.
> i' suggest:
> clicking flips the state
> doubleclick removes it
>
> robert

+1

clicking flips the state
double clicks to remove

-Mel

Re: Breakpoint suggestion

On 23 Feb 2015, at 18:49, robert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 23.02.2015 18:30, Luc Bourhis via wingide-users wrote:
>> Actually, thinking about it some more, I would like a click on a breakpoint mark to switch between enable and disable, relegating removing the breakpoint to the contextual menu. This is based on how often I tend to perform each of those tasks. You could then introduce a preference to let the user choose between the current behaviour and the proposed new behaviour.
> i' suggest:
> clicking flips the state
> doubleclick removes it

I like the idea!

+1

Best wishes,

Luc J. Bourhis

Re: Breakpoint suggestion

robert via wingide-users wrote:
> i' suggest:
> clicking flips the state
> doubleclick removes it

I think this is what XCode does, but I'm fairly certain it would cause a
lot of confusion among new users.  I'm hoping we can go with
set->disable->remove so no obscure option is needed, but there might be
better solutions.

Re: Breakpoint suggestion

James Nash via wingide-users wrote:
> If I may add a conservative voice ... which may already go without
> saying ... I ask that Wingware's behavior remains constant from release
> to release.  Alternate behaviors can be supported by user preferences.
>   In the present example, I add and remove breakpoints, rarely add
> conditionals, and never wish to disable a breakpoint.

Any change this like will go through beta testing to check it with many
users before we commit to anything.