BDD feature files with syntax highlighting?

BDD feature files with syntax highlighting?

WingIDE - User mailing list
Hi guys,

Does anybody know if there's a way to do syntax highlighting for ".feature" files or similar for BDD tools like Python Behave? They use the Gherkin language: https://github.com/cucumber/cucumber/wiki/Gherkin#gherkin-syntax

Thanks!

Diogo Baeder http://diogobaeder.com.br

Re: BDD feature files with syntax highlighting?

WingIDE - User mailing list
On 3/21/17 10:37 AM, Diogo Baeder via wingide-users wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Does anybody know if there's a way to do syntax highlighting for
> ".feature" files or similar for BDD tools like Python Behave? They use
> the Gherkin
> language: https://github.com/cucumber/cucumber/wiki/Gherkin#gherkin-syntax

It may be possible to find a language similar to Gherkin and use it for
.feature files.  The file type used for syntax highlighting can be
changed via the file type field in the Source -> Current File Properties
dialog.

Cheers,

Re: BDD feature files with syntax highlighting?

WingIDE - User mailing list
Thanks. I don't know all file types there, but none of them seemed to match that language.

Would there be a remote possibility of it being added to WingIDE?

Cheers,

On 3/21/17 4:06 PM, Diogo Baeder via wingide-users wrote:
> Thanks. I don't know all file types there, but none of them seemed to
> match that language.
>
> Would there be a remote possibility of it being added to WingIDE?

What we may add down the road is user defined highlighting, which then
could be used for languages like Gherkin.  We'll try to increase the
priority on this.

Re: BDD feature files with syntax highlighting?

WingIDE - User mailing list
Please use an existing format, so we can use existing highlighting schemes.

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 21:18:43 +0100, Wingware Support via wingide-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 3/21/17 4:06 PM, Diogo Baeder via wingide-users wrote:
>> Thanks. I don't know all file types there, but none of them seemed to
>> match that language.
>>
>> Would there be a remote possibility of it being added to WingIDE?
>
> What we may add down the road is user defined highlighting, which then
> could be used for languages like Gherkin.  We'll try to increase the
> priority on this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

> Wing IDE users list
> http://wingware.com/lists/wingide

Re: BDD feature files with syntax highlighting?

WingIDE - User mailing list
Thanks, Chris. I'll wait for it to be implemented, because, as I said, I didn't find any existing format which nearly matches the Gherkin language (but if I'm wrong, please point me to the format you think that would match it - I don't know all the formats available, like "Baan" for instance).

Cheers!

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 3/21/17 4:06 PM, Diogo Baeder via wingide-users wrote:
>> Thanks. I don't know all file types there, but none of them seemed to
>> match that language.
>>
>> Would there be a remote possibility of it being added to WingIDE?
>
> What we may add down the road is user defined highlighting, which then
> could be used for languages like Gherkin.  We'll try to increase the
> priority on this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

> Wing IDE users list
> http://wingware.com/lists/wingide

Re: BDD feature files with syntax highlighting?

WingIDE - User mailing list
Hey Diogo,

unfortunately I don't know of such a feature. All I know is, that several
Open and Closed Source projects use, for example, the TextMaker or Vim
syntax highlighting format to save their settings (or at least allow
imports).

I am trying to tell WingWare to do the "right thing" if they decide to
implement it.

Greetings
Chris

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 21:34:05 +0100, Diogo Baeder
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, Chris. I'll wait for it to be implemented, because, as I said, I
> didn't find any existing format which nearly matches the Gherkin
> language (but if I'm wrong, please point me to the format you think that
> would match it - I don't know all the formats available, like "Baan" for
> instance).
> Cheers! Diogo Baeder http://diogobaeder.com.br
>
>     Em Terça-feira, 21 de Março de 2017 17:24, Chris Poerschke
> <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>
>  Please use an existing format, so we can use existing highlighting
> schemes.
>
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 21:18:43 +0100, Wingware Support via wingide-users
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 3/21/17 4:06 PM, Diogo Baeder via wingide-users wrote:
>>> Thanks. I don't know all file types there, but none of them seemed to
>>> match that language.
>>>
>>> Would there be a remote possibility of it being added to WingIDE?
>>
>> What we may add down the road is user defined highlighting, which then
>> could be used for languages like Gherkin.  We'll try to increase the
>> priority on this.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> John

>> Wing IDE users list
>> http://wingware.com/lists/wingide

Re: BDD feature files with syntax highlighting?

WingIDE - User mailing list
Cool, Chris, thanks a lot! :-)

BTW, not sure if it helps, but here's a Gherkin language specification file for Gedit that I'm using since yesterday: https://ranskills.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/how-to-create-a-gherkin-syntax-highlighter-in-gedit/ - it's been working fine, although I made a few tweaks (I included "Examples" as a keyword too, as it's used in Python Behave). Maybe it helps smoothing out the path to have syntax highlighting for Gherkin in WingIDE too - if they decide to implement it.