Any way to get WingIDE to open Mac files by double-click or drag/drop?

Any way to get WingIDE to open Mac files by double-click or drag/drop?

Russell E. Owen
The title says it all. I'd like to be able to edit an arbitrary python
file (usually one not my project) by doing something simple from Finder.
Unfortunately, drag-and-drop onto WingIDE.app doesn't work. Any nifty
trick I might be missing?

-- Russell

Re: Any way to get WingIDE to open Mac files by double-click or drag/drop?

Wing IDE Support
On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Russell E. Owen wrote:
> The title says it all. I'd like to be able to edit an arbitrary python
> file (usually one not my project) by doing something simple from Finder.
> Unfortunately, drag-and-drop onto WingIDE.app doesn't work. Any nifty
> trick I might be missing?

Unfortunately not right now.  It's on our list to fix both drag and
drop and double click (the latter is partially there but if I'm
remembering correctly ran into problems before the last release).

- Stephan

Re: Any way to get WingIDE to open Mac files by double-click or drag/drop?

Luc J. Bourhis

The title says it all. I'd like to be able to edit an arbitrary python
file (usually one not my project) by doing something simple from Finder.
Unfortunately, drag-and-drop onto WingIDE.app doesn't work. Any nifty
trick I might be missing?

Unfortunately not right now.  It's on our list to fix both drag and
drop and double click (the latter is partially there but if I'm
remembering correctly ran into problems before the last release).

As a MacOS X user myself, I would appreciate those features. Those files MacOS has been instructed to open with WingIDE, should of course be opened in the current instance of Wing (if there is one).

On the other hand, one has to open several instances of Wing in order to work on several projects at once (with the glitch that if Wing is set up to open the last project at startup, the same project will be opened twice until one of the instance is switched to another project: this results in the other instance detecting changes to the project file and bringing the save dialogue, which I find quite annoying, time and again).

I don't know how these two contradicting behaviours could be reconcile.

Luc Bourhis

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment